background

Monday, May 10, 2010

random thanksgiving and thoughts

448. Kleenex
449. Soft pillows and warm blankets
450. Savoring every last bite of the monte cristo sandwich Chris made
451. Time to rest while being sick.
452. An incredible, productive shopping trip with my mother-in-law, where I found a wonderful suit (which was then bought for me as an early birthday gift). Oh, and I rocked that suit at my interview last week.
453. Wind swirling through the leaves
454. Reading aloud to my husband and having him read to me.
455. Sleep
456. Learning more about how our dog's brain works
457. The white wagon wheels resting against the trees along side the driveway to my g'mas farm.
458. The blackboard in my grandma's kitchen announcing the new additions to our family.
459. Snow in WI in May.
460. My 9 year old cousin's explanation about why she does not wear matching socks: "I get a sense of ennui when my socks match." (it is french for boredom)
461. My grandma explaining who the people are in her wedding pictures
462. Tea steeped in a real tea pot
463. Lazy mornings at home
464. The sound of lawn mowers ...
465. and the smell of fresh cut grass
466. Making our bed with clean sheets
467. Counting the days and then hours and then miles and minutes until I got home to my love. (Seriously, I was only gone 3 days so it wasn't all that bad.)
468. A ride home alone to reflect.
469. The CD player in my car
470. Completing competencies at work
471. Chips and salsa
472. Finding rest in God's promises
473. new leaves on the trees
474. warm socks

475. Have I mentioned that we have tickets to China? And by "have" I mean that our tickets were given to us by my generous and gracious in-laws, which is a complete blessing. So:
476. We are going to China
477. with the entire Brenna family
478. for two weeks in July!!!!!!!!!!

and for a girl who loves to travel and enjoys the excitement of looking forward to things, this is a big deal. Oh, and I didn't plan a thing. I woke up one day (from a night shift) and it was all said and done.
THANK YOU!!

hmm ... what else?

I interviewed last week at a new, tiny hospital in a South suburb of Milwaukee. The ICU is opening up next month. St. Mary's (where I currently work) has something like 800 beds and I work in a 22 bed neuro ICU. The new, tiny hospital has 26 total beds and the ICU is opening 6 beds. Talk about a world of difference. But I am intrigued; I think it would be neat and challenging and would give me a sense of ownership in my job. So, I'll wait to hear from them.

While we prepare to move and all the stuff that goes with that, it is easy for me to get all caught up in what I think should happen and in what time frame I think it should happen and how it should happen and what we have to do for it to happen. God will provide. It may be exactly what we hoped it would be or it may be different, or longer but it will all be his provision.

I don't want to miss God's blessings because I am too busy expecting something else.



479. God's provision

2 comments:

Aisling said...

I need to remember and use 460. And i agree about the new job being intriguing and giving you a sense of ownership. My husband has been "kind of" promoted to lead a team of 3 in his job and he seems to be approaching the WHOLE JOB with a different mindset now, in a positive way.

Life With the Lopez Family said...

Great news about the interview:) Let me know when you hear!