background

Thursday, December 17, 2009

sometimes, it's the little things ...

Last Friday my roommate moved to Texas. When I came home from work I parked closer to the center of my garage than normal, which does make it easier to get in and out of my car in my small garage. I got the mail, a task that my roommate Lindsay does with a lot more regularity than I. I walked into her (basically empty room), closed the blinds and shut the door. I ate the vegetable soup that really looked like mud that she made the day before. And I reflected on God's provision, faithness and goodness.



Then I looked in an empty closet and thought of the games we will put there when Chris moves in - in one month!!!! And I found the dog treats in the bottom of the other closet. And a package came in the mail ... gifts for his neice and nephew for Chirstmas. All reminders of what is to come.



Today I am thankful for the little things (number 109) which make me thankful for the past, excited for the future and remind me of my many blessings.

No comments: