background

Monday, October 20, 2014

Blog-tober Day 9: personality

Introverted or extroverted??

The best way to describe me is "an introvert who can masquerade as an extrovert." I am renewed by time alone or with just a few people but I also get a little bit of energy from being in large social situations. On a scale however, I don't fall really fall on the introverted side.

My Meyers Briggs letters are ISFJ. Introversion, Sensing, Feeling and Judging. My S and J fall pretty close to their counterparts though and it kind of depends on how I am feeling when I take the test since I've had both letters on both of those.

Truth be told, I think it is helpful to think about these things in order to know yourself and others better but I don't like being pigeon holed into a certain "personality type." When people ask me about my daughter's personality, I often respond "She is Zoe."

Interestingly, my husband and I are opposite in most personality tests and we talked about it often at the beginning of our relationship and now again with a little person who has unique needs (consistent bedtime, for example). How do we make sure that Christopher gets enough "people time" and how do we make sure that I get enough "alone time" when there is almost always a little body in the house. It is much easier now that Zoe is on a more predictable schedule and going to sleep early enough for us each to have what we need. 

No comments: