background

Monday, October 17, 2011

work hard. play hard.

giving thanks #1831 - 1845
- a fun Monday with Loki: bike riding, playing and snuggling. During that day, I swayed his affection pendulum back towards my side, which was a little futile since I basically worked and slept the next three days. It is not a competition, which side he lands on (mine or Christopher's) we just notice and comment on who he prefers.
- knowing that after a busy day at class, Christopher usually needs food and quality time in the form of an easy shared activity. While I didn't greet him at the door with a beer in hand, the laundry was done, there was a plan for dinner and hulu was primed with Parks and Rec
- working hard some days.
- some days just working.
- being woken up with kisses when I sleep through my alarm
- dinner ready as I am getting up
- a little bit of alone time to adjust to the idea being awake
- nice chats with co-workers
- an unexpected evening of alone time; i spent the time sewing and reading
- my brother coming to visit with Honey Dip Doughnuts and coffee. yummmm.
- an evening with friends, making a delicious dinner - handmade ravioli with a variety of insides
- deciding to get out of bed for church
- meeting new people
- an afternoon at an apple orchard, and then making and canning applesauce

our afternoon went something like this:
 
pick apples

tackle apples in our kitchen

try to convince Loki that after ALL the apples, there were no more left for him
So far this week looks like it may be a repeat of last and that suits me just fine. Now if you'll excuse me, my hubby is working hard at school and I have my end of that bargain to hold up at the house.

No comments: