background

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Cumin Quinoa and Black Rice

Tonight I made Cumin-Scented Quinoa and Black Rice from Bon Appetite and it was delicious. (in all blog-fairness, the recipe was featured on this blog, which is a pretty awesome blog)

I recommend that you try it. The recipe and the blog.

A few notes about the recipe though:

1. Quinoa does not equal couscous
2. Black rice does not equal white rice
3. Confession #1: I made this recipe the first time with couscous and white rice. It was good but using quinoa and black rice may be instrumental in making cumin- scented quiona and black rice.
4. When the recipe says to rinse the quinoa, it's a good idea to do so.
5. Confession #2: I have never cooked with quinoa and have a hard time pronouncing it correctly (it is tricky!).
6. I made it while Christopher was in the other room studying and it smelled a.mazing. I also was listening to Christmas songs and it was very enjoyable. 

Delicious!

No comments: