background

Monday, May 14, 2012

"The Lord himself will fight for you; you need only to be still." Exodus 14:14

It hurts when dreams end. 
There is no answer to the question of "why" and there is no reason to be found by our human minds.
Letting go is a painful process. 

Praying for God's will is sometimes easier than accepting it. 
When all you want is to see the reason behind a circumstance,
believing in His faithfulness takes trust.



I am nearing the end of a journey that didn't end as I had expected. 
My prayers were answered differently than I had hoped.  

I don't understand and it hurts. 
  But the pain and grief brings comfort and strength. 

And there, in the stillness, just within my reach, is a little thing that makes today seem easier and tomorrow look brighter: 

hope
 

And my dream?
It is now a dream that I will always dream. 
One that I laid safe and secure in His hands. 

2 comments:

Life With the Lopez Family said...

Love you!

Nonna said...

You express yourself so beautifully, Rachel. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. We love you!